9/8/09

I Love Silver

Last Sunday Del Mar featured the $300,000 Gr.2 Pat O’brien Handicap, and this week seems a good opportunity to honor our own retiree I Love Silver, who ran a close third to Disturbingthepeace the 2002 running.

I Love Silver raced a total of 20 times with 4 wins including the Skywalker Handicap in 2002, and he earned $437,142. He finished second and third to Point Given in the Gr. 2 San Felipe and the Gr.1 Santa Anita Derby. Never running against anything but the best of his day,I Love Silver's race record consistantly describes his efforts as game and willing.

This great old warrior has mellowed with his years in the pasture, but he still loves to stretch his legs in the summer grass and show the world what he was born to do. Here is I Love Silver running free in the sunshine.