4/8/11

Honoring I Love Silver

Tomorrow is the Grade I Santa Anita Derby and a good time to honor our retiree, I Love Silver, whose outstanding efforts in graded stakes company earned him great respect and affection from California race fans in the early years of the last decade. Silver ran head to head with Kona Gold, Point Given, Mizzen Mast and many of the stars of his day, and could always be counted on to give his best effort.

I Love Silver is the kind of horse that always seems to need an exclamation point at the end of his name. I LOVE SILVER! Doesn't that look better?

A foal of 1998 by Silver Ghost out of Lost Love, by Codex, I Love Silver raced 20 times in his accomplished career. His record is 20 Starts: 4 - 5 - 4, with earnings of $437,142. Trained by Dean Greenman, I Love Silver at at 3: Won Skywalker H. (SA)$75,000; 2nd San Felipe S. (G2); 3rd Santa Anita Derby (G1); Ancient Titel Breeders' Cup H. (G1); Malibu S. (G1), and at 4 ran 2nd Morvich H. (G3); 3rd Pat O'Brien H. (G2). Congratulations Silver Boy, at Tranquility Farm you are still a star.